Micah 6 v 8

He has showed you, O man, what is good.

And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

Monday 18 April 2011

Memorising Scripture - When it all goes wrong.

Well, my Philippians challenge bubbles along slower than intended but that's ok! A few weeks ago, my pastor's wife asked me to quote chapter 1 v 5. Instead I accidentally quoted chapter 1 v 6. I explained that I hadn't been learning the individual verses just chunks at a time. However, this got me to thinking how it is very important to be able to remember specifically where the verse you are quoting is from. Otherwise this can happen....

2 comments:

Rhoda said...

Well you did ask people to test you :) It does make it way more useful memorising the references tho.

Unknown said...

And I'm really glad you did. That's why it's taking me longer but I think I'll be doing it better. Thank you Rhoda :)